While I am not one who condemns all of Islam, fully realizing it was radical Jihadists and not every day Muslims responsible for the September 11, 2001 attacks, the following website disturbs me greatly.
ISLAM ON CAPITOL HILL 2 0 0 9 IN THE NAME OF ALLAH....
The objective of this gathering is to invite the Muslim Communities and friends of Islam to express and illustrate the wonderful diversity of Islam. We intend to manifest Islam's majestic spiritual principals as revealed by Allah to our beloved prophet
Muhammad (PEACE BE UPON HIM) of Arabia. Likewise; we intend to inspire a new generation of Muslim to work for the greater good of all people. We shall serve all people, regardless of race, religion or national origin.
ON THIS DAY....
- The Athan will be chanted on Capitol Hill, echoing off of the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and other great edifices that surround Capitol Hill
- Thousands of Muslims from all races, creeds, colors and ethnicities will gather for the sole purpose of prayer
- Bonds of friendship will be formed between those in attendance, both Muslims and Non-Muslims
- Muslim youth will experience tours of the Library of Congress and the Supreme Court.
- The peace, beauty and solidarity of Islam will shine through America's capitol.
A DAY OF ISLAMIC UNITY...
Would this announcement slip silently by if Christians descended upon Capitol Hill "for the sole purpose of prayer?"
Would we not hear cries of "Separation of Church and State" from all corners?
The bottom of the page says "OUR TIME HAS COME."
Islam On Capitol Hill 2009
Maybe it is time we began hearing more cries of "Separation of Mosque and State."
I see no reason Islam should not be held to the same standard as is Christianity in America.
Where is the ACLU now?
See also Canada Free Press