Friday, October 30, 2009

TEA Party Express, Portland Oregon

Just a few photos I took from inside the crowd at the TEA Party Express visit today. Afterwards, we wanted to purchase something from Michaels to say thanks for the use of the parking lot, but the line was stretched outside the door with others doing the same.

We will return soon to make a purchase and to thank them for standing up for America.

























In all I'd estimate the turnout to be a little over 1500, the parking lot was jammed packed. Not too bad for a Friday at 1 PM when most people are working.

If the Express is visiting a city near you or your city, take the time and be there, it is just awe inspiring to see and be around such talent and people.

Follow the Express at Tea Party Express Blog

Tea Party Express Schedule

5 comments:

Storm'n Norm'n said...

Hey, Where did get that cap?

Lew Waters said...

They're available all over, Norm. That particular one I picked up at a gun show because I forgot my other almost like it.

One place you can order one is www.usmedals.com

witchywoman said...

Hey Hey, I was there! :) We are gonna kick some major ass in 2010, and 2012. We are the New Republican Movement. Abusive democrats have woke us up, and we are tired of it.

Toni said...

Great article Lew! I am so glad to see people are still on fire! I've been on a business/family trip and haven't caught much of the news this past week. I am glad the Tea Party Express is going to keep the heat on for the PINK SLIP DAY! 2010...

Lew Waters said...

Turn out was better than being reported, Toni. You know how left-winged Portland is and for this many people to show up in the middle of the day on a work day is fantastic to me.

Too bad they can't put pontoons on the buses and come over to Hawaii, you'd enjoy seeing these people.

From the photos I think you can see I was almost directly behind the speakers. Neasrly every one of them shook my hand and thanked me for serving when they turned around.

The young Black man with the thumb up is Kenneth Gladney, the man that beat up in St. Louis earlier this year for selling the 'Don't Tread On Me' flags that was in the news.

The photo with me is with Marcus Lloyd, the singer/songwriter that has written and performs the theme of the TEA Party Express.

From here the ydrove up to Puyallup Washington, outside of Seattle and from what I hear, were met by so many people the room the were given was filled to capacity and out into the parking lot.

Yes, people are still fired up and more joining us all the time.

I'm feeling more and more confident about 2010 all the time, with 2012 to follow.

If only we could put that left-winged nonsense to rest for all time.

It has never worked to benefit all people and only leads to oppression.