Monday, March 05, 2012

Note to Birthers: Stop Wasting Our Time!

This won't be very long, but I wish all of you who believe the birth certificate of Barack Obama issue will get him removed from office need to wake up and open your eyes. It is a distraction and a complete waste of our time.

I have no idea of the veracity of the issue and even if true, is meaningless at this point.

We have 8 months until the election and with as poor as his polling has been, there is a very good chance if our focus is concentrated on getting behind the best candidate to defeat him.

I'd like all of you who feel you can have him removed over this issue to think back to the impeachment of Bill Clinton over his perjury concerning his affair with Monica Lewinsky. Articles of impeachment passed in the house does not remove a president from office. After passing the articles of impeachment it is passed up to the senate for determination of a trial will take place to remove him.

As you all remember, the senate declined to try Bill Clinton and Republicans held a majority in the senate then.
Should the majority Republican house pass articles of impeachment over this, it is sent on to a Democrat majority senate. A senate that is supportive of Barack Obama and you can bank on there is no way they will hold a trial to remove Obama in the next 8 months.

In the meantime, efforts are going into a dead end issue.

Let's focus on supporting  a candidate who will defeat him in November, before we end up with egg on our faces as we did impeaching Bill Clinton.

Republicans were suckered then and you're being suckered now by Democrats.

3 comments:

Canuckguy said...

Lew:
Fat chance of getting a republican president. The GOP candidates running are a rather pathetic bunch to choose from.

Lew Waters said...

I agree the GOP candidates left aren't who I would prefer. But don't count them out, either.

Ronald Reagan was billed as unelectable by the media too when he ran against Jimmy Carter.

It very well could end up similar, people not so much voting for the GOP candidate, whichever one it will be (most likely Romney it appears), but voting against Obama.

That being said, nonsense like this birther stuff, that has been going on since before Obama was elected, draws attention away from the campaigns and sends resources and support there, instead of focusing on trying to get the best of a raw deal.

Michael Riley said...

There is one other clinton scandal that I know of that has not been discussed by the media. It is probably the real reason for impeachment. I know about it because I am the victim (although I try not to be labled a victim) I was in the USMC. The situation leading up to Bill's unspeakable action was actually a victory for me.

Anyways, please excuse my attempt to educate everyone.

On a serious note, I have a problem that I can't seem to handle by myself.

I try to help people understand my dilemna by saying this about Bill's impeachment.

If we are to believe the main street media, we have to believe that:

The most popular US president of all time, at a time when the US economy was better than it has ever been, was impeached because he lied about having a mistress while married to Hillary.

If you believe that, we are in more trouble than I thought.

There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for Bill's impeachment. I am the guy to know, because I am the guy who was attacked by that scumbag.

You won't hear the truth about this subject from anyone else...apparently.

It has taken me quite a while to get this done. If you want to know the truth, buy my book which is titled:

Michael's Virus - The REAL Reason for Impeachment

It is available at Amazon.com

Also, my website should be of interest to you.

https://sites.google.com/site/reallybigfix

The truth is what it is.